Group Walk Schedule
- The Group Walks are Saturday mornings at 8:00. (Please arrive by 7:55.) The walk locations are rotated among six parks around Columbus to make it more convenient for members to attend. Walkers of all paces and fitness levels are welcome to join the group.
The walk locations rotate around the city counter clockwise. The schedule for the next month or so is as follows:
- May 26 -- Lots of races! Let's not have a group walk
- June 2 Worthington Olentangy Trail -- Across from Worthington Hills
- June 9 Sharon Woods
- June 16 Franklin Park
- June 23 Whetstone Park
- June 30 Griggs Reservoir
- July 7 Heritage Park Trail Head
Next Meeting -- May 19
- The entrance to Sharon Woods is on Cleveland Avenue across from Saint Ann’s Hospital. Go to the first parking lot on the left. Meet at the starting point for the path.
- Worthington Olentangy Trail across from Worthington Hills -- to the right of the Olentangy Valley Centre Shopping Center. The trail is to the south (right) of the mall. You should see lots of cars parked at the trail head. If you need an address for GPS, Hills Market is at 7860 Olentangy River Rd.
- Worthington Olentangy Trail -- Start at Olentangy Park -- From 23 take W Wilson Bridge Rd. past the Shops at Worthington Place mall. (You will drive past office buildings and parking lots on the right.) Turn right at Olentangy Park and park in the spaces on the left-hand side, or in the big lot at the bottom of the hill. The trail starts near the upper parking area and goes past the tennis courts. (If you need to put in an address for GPS, 400 W Wilson Bridge Rd. will get you close.)
- Griggs Reservoir Park is on Riverside Drive. The entrance is just south of Fishinger Road across from Nottingham Road. Turn left and drive south until you reach the hill. Park near the fountain at the top of the hill or the parking lot at the bottom of the hill..
- Franklin Park is at 1777 East Broad Street. Meet in the parking lot near the entrance to the Conservatory.
- Whetstone Park is reached west off High Street on Hollenback Drive just south of the Whetstone Library. Meet in the parking lot near the Park of Roses. There is a picnic shelter next to the path at the bridge where we will start.
- Heritage Park Trail Head is located in the Old Hilliard historic district of Hilliard. To reach the park, take exit 1-270 at Exit 13, Cemetery Road. Go west on Cemetery 1.8 miles to the roundabout. Take the first turn off to Main and take Main Street to Center Street, turn left. Parking is on the left after the stop sign. (I usually Mapquest Otie's, which is a bar just around the corner.)
- Wolfe Park is on East Broad Street just east of Franklin Park. The street address is 105 Park Dr.
- Capital University is on Pleasant Ridge Drive in Bexley. Travel on I-71 to I-70 East. Exit I-70 at the Main Street/Bexley exit. Exit ramp will merge onto Alum Creek Drive then dead end at Main Street (Kroger store will be in front of you). Turn right on Main Street. Proceed East on Main Street to fourth traffic light - Pleasant Ridge Drive. Turn right on Pleasant Ridge (The Capital Center will be on your left).
If it is raining or the weather is otherwise undesirable for walking outside, the Group Walk will move inside to the Capital University indoor track or the Westerville Community Center at Cleveland Ave. and County Line. There is a $4.50 charge for nonresidents at the Community Center.
If the weather is iffy, check your email or the Buckeye Strider Facebook page before leaving for the walking location and for the latest updates. Cancellations should be posted by 7:00 a.m.